Great Britain at the 1936 Summer Olympics
|Great Britain at the
1936 Summer Olympics
|NOC||British Olympic Association|
|Competitors||208 in 17 sports|
|Flag bearer||Jack Beresford|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland competed as Great Britain at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany. 208 competitors, 171 men and 37 women, took part in 91 events in 17 sports. British athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games.
- Miles Bellville, Christopher Boardman, Russell Harmer, Charles Leaf, Leonard Martin — Yachting
- Jack Beresford, Dick Southwood — Double Scull Rowing
- Godfrey Brown, Godfrey Rampling, Freddie Wolff, Bill Roberts — 4 × 400 m Relay Athletics
- Harold Whitlock — 50 km Walk Athletics
- Alan Barrett, Martin Bristow, Peter Jackson, John Sturrock — Rowing Fours
- Godfrey Brown — 400m Athletics
- Audrey Brown, Barbara Burke, Eileen Hiscock, Violet Olney — 4 × 100 m Relay
- David Dawnay, Bryan Fowler, Humphrey Guinness, William Hinde — Polo
- Donald Finlay — 110m Hurdles
- Ernest Harper — Marathon
- Dorothy Tyler-Odam — High Jump
- Richard Fanshawe, Edward Howard-Vyse, Alec Scott — Equestrian Team eventing
- Harry Hill, Ernest Johnson, Charles King, Ernest Mills — Track Cycling Team Pursuit
- Peter Scott — O-Jolle Yachting
Eleven cyclists, all men, represented Great Britain in 1936.
18 fencers, 16 men and 2 women, represented Great Britain in 1936.
- Charles de Beaumont, Douglas Dexter, Albert Pelling, Ian Campbell-Gray, Terry Beddard, Bertie Childs
Three male pentathletes represented Great Britain in 1936.
- Single scull - H L Warren - Unplaced
- Double scull - Jack Beresford, Dick Southwood - Gold
- Coxless pair - D W Burnford, T S Cree - Unplaced
- Coxless four - Alan Barrett, Martin Bristow, Peter Jackson, John Sturrock - Silver
- Eight - Tom Askwith, W G R M Laurie, J C Cherry, H W Mason, M P Lonnon, A D Kingsford, D G Kingsford, J M Couchman, J N Duckworth - Fourth