Great Britain at the 1964 Summer Olympics
|Great Britain at the
1964 Summer Olympics
|NOC||British Olympic Association|
|Competitors||204 (160 men and 44 women) in 17 sports|
|Flag bearer||Anita Lonsbrough (opening)
Allan Jay (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
The United Kingdom competed as Great Britain at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan. 204 competitors, 160 men and 44 women, took part in 124 events in 17 sports. British athletes have competed and won at least one gold medal in every Summer Olympic Games. Future Liberal Democrat leader Menzies Campbell represented Britain at the 200m.
- Ken Matthews — Athletics, Men's 20 km Walk
- Lynn Davies — Athletics, Men's Long Jump
- Ann Packer — Athletics, Women's 800 metres
- Mary Rand — Athletics, Women's Long Jump
- Basil Heatley — Athletics, Men's Marathon
- John Cooper — Athletics, Men's 400 m Hurdles
- Maurice Herriott — Athletics, Men's 3000 m Steeplechase
- Adrian Metcalfe, Robbie Brightwell, John Cooper, and Tim Graham — Athletics, Men's 4 × 400 m Relay
- Paul Nihill — Athletics, Men's 50 km Walk
- Ann Packer — Athletics, Women's 400 metres
- Mary Rand — Athletics, Women's Pentathlon
- Henry Hoskyns — Fencing, Men's Épée Individual
- John Russell, Hugh Wardell-Yerburgh, William Barry, and John James — Rowing, Men's Coxless Fours
- Robert McGregor — Swimming, Men's 100 m Freestyle
- Louis Martin — Weightlifting, Men's Middle Heavyweight
- Keith Musto and Tony Morgan — Sailing, Men's Flying Dutchman
- Janet Simpson, Daphne Arden, Dorothy Hyman, and Mary Rand — Athletics, Women's 4 × 100 m Relay
- Peter Robeson — Equestrian, Jumping Individual
Men's Hammer Throw
- Qualifying Round — 61.90m (→ did not advance, 17th place)
Twelve cyclists represented Great Britain in 1964.
13 fencers, 9 men and 4 women, represented Great Britain in 1964.
Three male pentathletes represented Great Britain in 1964.
- Benjamin Finnis
- Robert Phelps
- Jim Fox
- Double scull - A V Cooke, P Webb - Seventh
- Coxless pair - J D Lee Nicholson, S Farquharson - Fourth
- Coxless four - John Russell, Hugh Wardell-Yerburgh, William Barry, and John James - Silver
Eight shooters represented Great Britain in 1964.