Great Britain at the 1968 Summer Olympics
|Great Britain at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City|
|Competitors||225 (175 men and 50 women) in 16 sports|
|Flag bearer||Lynn Davies (opening)
David Hemery (closing)
|Olympic history (summary)|
The United Kingdom competed as Great Britain at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico. 225 competitors, 175 men and 50 women, took part in 133 events in 16 sports. British athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games.
- David Hemery — Athletics, Men's 400m Hurdles
- Chris Finnegan — Boxing, Men's Middleweight
- Derek Allhusen, Jane Bullen, Ben Jones, and Richard Meade — Equestrian, Three-Day Event Team Competition
- Bob Braithwaite — Shooting, Men's Trap Shooting
- Rodney Pattisson & Iain MacDonald-Smith — Sailing, Men's Flying Dutchman
- Lillian Board — Athletics, Women's 400 metres
- Sheila Sherwood — Athletics, Women's Long Jump
- Derek Allhusen — Equestrian, Three-Day Event Individual Competition
- Marion Coakes — Equestrian, Jumping Individual Competition
- Martyn Woodroffe — Swimming, Men's 200m Butterfly
- John Sherwood — Athletics, Men's 400m Hurdles
- David Broome — Equestrian, Jumping Individual Competition
- Robin Aisher, Paul Anderson, and Adrian Jardine — Sailing, Men's 5½ Meter Class
Men's Hammer Throw
- Qualifying Round — 68.06m
- Final — 67.62m (→ 10th place)
- Final Result — 4.786 points (→ 10th place)
Men's Heavyweight (+ 81 kg)
- First Round — Lost to Ionas Chepulis (URS), TKO-3
Fourteen cyclists represented Great Britain in 1968.
17 fencers, 12 men and 5 women, represented Great Britain in 1968.
Three male pentathletes represented Great Britain in 1968.
- Eight - P Thomas, A.A.Bayles, P J Wright, RD Yarrow, B Carter, M M K Cooper, T Kirk, J K Mullard, P G Knapp, M Malpass - Tenth
- "Great Britain at the 1968 Mexico City Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.