All Saints' Church
|OS grid reference|
|• London||40 mi (64 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||SAFFRON WALDEN|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Great Chesterford is a village and civil parish in the Uttlesford district of Essex, England. The village is 13 miles (20 km) north from Bishop's Stortford, 10 miles (16 km) south from Cambridge and about 25 miles (40 km) northwest from the city and Essex county town of Chelmsford.
Great Chesterford public transport is provided by Great Chesterford railway station and a Stagecoach East bus service. Access to Junction 9A of the M11 motorway is less than 1 mile (1.6 km) north from the village, where the motorway meets the A11 Norwich road.
The Icknield Way Path passes through the village on its 110-mile route between Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire and Knettishall Heath in Suffolk. The Icknield Way Trail, a route for walkers, horse riders and cyclists also passes through.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "The Chesterfords ward population 2011". Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Wilson, Jamie (April 27, 2000). "Student, 19, charged with assault and taking Germaine Greer captive". The Guardian. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Great Chesterford.|
- Great Chesterford Conservation Area Appraisal
- Essex County Council's Field Archaeology Artist's reconstruction of Roman Great Chesterford
|This Essex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|