Great Good Fine Ok
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Great Good Fine Ok|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Labels||Neon Gold Records|
|Associated acts||ACES, The Chainsmokers, Before You Exit|
Great Good Fine Ok (abbreviated GGFO) is an American synthpop duo based in New York City, United States. The band was founded by Jon Sandler and Luke Moellman in 2013. Although both grew up in Upstate New York (Jon in Niskayuna and Luke in Saratoga Springs), they only met when living around the corner from each other in Brooklyn, NY. In 2013 the duo released the song "You're The One For Me". Its overwhelming online popularity resulted in the song reaching #1 on Hype Machine twice in one month. Soon after their first seven shows at SXSW in the spring of 2013, the band signed with Neon Gold Records/Epic Records and Transgressive Records/Warner/Chappell Music publishing.
GGFO has performed shows supporting Tove Lo, X Ambassadors, The Griswolds, Bear Hands and Penguin Prison with 4 major US tours with Betty Who, Joywave, Magic Man, Smallpools, Vacationer and Panama Wedding. The band is augmented by Russ Flynn and Danny Wolf for live performances.
In 2013 Great Good Fine OK released a 4-song EP entitled Body Diamond which includes, "You're The One For Me", "Not Going Home", "By My Side", and "Say It All". In 2014 they released a second EP entitled 2M2H licensed by Ultra Music which reached #10 on the iTunes dance chart. It includes "Too Much To Handle", "Without You", "Carried Away", and "Something To Believe In" ft. St. Lucia, which premiered on Entertainment Weekly.
In 2015 the DJ duo The Chainsmokers released the single "Let You Go" ft. Great Good Fine Ok co-written and performed by GGFO which premiered in Billboard. The track has been remixed by Tiesto and A-Trak.
In September 2015 the band independently released the single "Take It or Leave It" which garnered 1 million Spotify plays and 200k Soundcloud plays in one month. On March 1, 2016 the band released the single "Already Love" on Spotify and Soundcloud. Both singles appear on their 2017 EP, III.
In June 2017, the duo released a joint single "Find Yourself" with the trio of brothers from Orlando, Florida Before You Exit.
- III (2017)
- 2M2H (2014)
- Body Diamond (2013)
- Liz Rowley (2015-01-15). "Great Good Fine Ok 's Lead Singer Speaks On The Band's Rapid Assent". Best New Bands. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Angst, Hannah (2014-04-09). "GREAT GOOD FINE OK TALKS STEELY DAN, FROSTED FLAKES, SPIRIT ANIMALS". Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "The Windish Agency".
- Transgressive Records. "Transgressive - New Signing - great good fine ok announce debut EP 'Body Diamond'".
- "[Synth-Pop] Great Good Fine OK – Not Going Home".
- "Great Good Fine Ok's Photos - Great Good Fine Ok - Facebook".
- "Great Good Fine Ok's 'Too Much to Handle': Exclusive Premiere - Billboard". Billboard.
- "Hear 'Something to Believe In' by Great Good Fine Ok, St. Lucia - EW.com".
- "Great Good Fine Ok's 'Too Much to Handle': Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "The Chainsmokers Premiere 'Let You Go' ft. Great Good Fine Ok: Exclusive Premiere - Billboard". Billboard.
- "Welcome". Great Good Fine Ok. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
|This article on a United States-based pop music group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|