Great Grand Masti
|Great Grand Masti|
|Directed by||Indra Kumar|
|Produced by||Sameer Nair|
Sri Adhikari Brothers
|Screenplay by||Madhur Sharma & Aakash Kaushik|
|Story by||Tushar Hiranandani|
|Music by||Sanjeev Darshan|
|Edited by||Sanjay Sankla|
Balaji Motion Pictures
|Box office||est. ₹190.2 million|
Great Grand Masti (transl. Great grand fun) is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language horror adult comedy film directed by Indra Kumar. It is the third installment in the Masti film series after Masti (2004) and Grand Masti (2013).
It features Riteish Deshmukh, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani and Urvashi Rautela in the lead roles. Originally scheduled to release on 22 July 2016, the date was advanced to 15 July 2016 after a pirated copy of the film was reportedly leaked online . Censor Board made 23 deletions from the film including some dialogue deletions and a complete scene and gave the film an A certificate.
The film features three friends Amar, Meet and Prem who always want fun (Masti). The film begins with the title song where the three friends get married to Sapna, Rekha and Nisha. They are unhappy with their marriage life because of their mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law respectively. Amar's mother-in-law wants her late husband to be reborn and on the order of a fraud Baba. She has stopped her daughter from having any physical relations with Amar for over 6 months to achieve the rebirth of her late husband. Meet's wife is a twin and whenever he tries to go near his wife, it turns on his brother-in-law (who is a bodybuilder). The connection between the two twin causes great problems like Meet's wife beating him up unintentionally when her brother is beating up some goon. Prem's sister-in-law is very attractive yet very silly, she comes to live with them and wants to sleep with her elder sister, forcing Prem to sleep on the couch away from his wife.
One day they meet in a bar and decide to enjoy their lives together. They decide to go to Amar's village to sell off his family Haveli (old mansion) and meanwhile have fun with the beautiful ladies in the village. When they reach the village, they find out that people are scared of the Haveli. An old man tells them that there used to be a father-daughter duo who lived in the haveli 50 years ago, the daughter, Ragini was very beautiful and many boys were smitten by her beauty but her father never let any guy near her. At the age of 20, Ragini died due to snake bite but her soul still resides in the haveli in search of a man who'll do masti with her. The guys laugh it off and proceed towards the haveli, there they meet a very attractive girl who's been living secretly in the haveli as she is alone and has nowhere to go. The boys hire her as their maid and each one starts trying to attract her. Soon it is revealed that she is indeed Ragini and she informs the boys that one of them must sleep with her in order to free her soul and whoever does so will die. The boys get scared and try escaping the mansion but to no avail. Prem commits to doing so in front of Ragini to buy them some time and meanwhile they hire Babu Rangeela, a male prostitute to sleep with Ragini. But on the last moment their wives show up and Ragini turns Babu into a chicken. Ragini makes the boys do weird stuff in front of their wives and in-laws who join them at the haveli so they would leave. When the boys see that their wives are secretly fasting for them even when Ragini depicted them off as such perverts in front of them, they decide to confront Ragini. They meet Ragini and tell her they won't sleep with her and she can't harm them as their wives are fasting for their long lives. Ragini hurts them but they light a fire around her and call her father's spirit to help them. Rather Babu's spirit comes (who was cooked by the three wives) and does Masti with Ragini hence satisfying her urge. Babu and Ragini leave the world together and the three couples live happily ever after.
- Ritesh Deshmukh as Amar Saxena
- Vivek Oberoi as Meet Mehta
- Aftab Shivdasani as Prem Chawla
- Urvashi Rautela as Ragini/Shabri (Maid)
- Pooja Bose as Sapna Amar Saxena
- Mishti as Rekha Meet Mehta
- Shraddha Das as Nisha Prem Chawla
- Kangna Sharma as Prem's sister-in-law
- Usha Nadkarni as Amar's mother-in-law
- Ketan Karande as Meet's brother-in-law
- Sanjay Mishra as Antakshari Baba
- Shreyas Talpade as Babu Rangeela (Special Appearance)
- Sonali Raut as Shiney (Cameo)
- Sudesh Lehri as Ramse (Cameo)
- Ghazal Sharma as Ritu ( Cameo)
The music for Great Grand Masti is composed by Sanjeev-Darshan, Sharib-Toshi, Superbia (Shaan, Gourov, Roshni). The lyrics have been penned by Sameer Anjaan, Manoj Yadav and Kumaar. The music rights have been acquired by Zee Music Company. The first song "Teri Kamar Ko" was released on 21 June 2016. The song 'Lipstick Laga Ke' had become so much popular and was one of the top 20 songs of 2016.
|1.||"Teri Kamar Ko"||Kumaar||Sanjeev-Darshan||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod, Kanika Kapoor||3:28|
|2.||"Resham Ka Rumaal"||Manoj Yadav||Shaarib-Toshi||Toshi Sabri, Soniya Sharma||3:03|
|3.||"I Wanna Tera Ishq"||Kumaar||Sanjeev-Darshan||Shivranjani Singh, Shivangi Bhayana||5:02|
|4.||"Lipstick Laga Ke"||Sameer Anjaan||Shaan, Payal Dev||3:29|
Online Piracy Issue
On 5 July 2016, two weeks ahead of its nationwide release on 22 July 2016, a pirated copy of the film was reported to be shared online on various sites and was hosted on several peer to peer sharing websites like Kickass Torrents and The Pirate Bay. According to investigators, the leaked copy carried a watermark, implying that it was created from the sample copy sent by the producers to the CBFC for reviewing purposes.
The film was a huge financial failure and collected around ₹2 crore (US$280,000) on its opening day and had a lifetime worldwide collection of ₹19 crore (US$2.6 million) against a budget of ₹39 crore (US$5.4 million).
On 15 July 2016, actor Shiney Ahuja sent a legal notice to the film's producers accusing them of criminal contempt for naming a maid Shiney in the film. A member of Ahuja's legal representation alleged that this was a reference to Ahuja's 2011 conviction for raping a maid in his employ.
- "Great Grand Masti - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com.
- "Box Office: Worldwide Collections and Day wise breakup of Great Grand Masti". Bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- "'Great Grand Masti' trailer is impressive; less cheesy and vulgar - Times of India". The Times of India. 17 June 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "'Great Grand Masti' retains flavour of first part: Vivek Oberoi". The Indian Express. 16 June 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Urvashi Rautela is the girl the 3 'Great Grand Masti boys' will flirt with". The Times of India. 26 June 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Great Grand Masti's release preponed by a week - Times of India". The Times of India. 6 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Madaari switches release dates with Great Grand Masti. Now out on July 22". Hindustan Times. 8 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "What the censors cut: 'Great Grand Masti'". Scroll.in. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Hope Ajay Devgn likes my role in 'Great Grand Masti': Urvashi Rautela". The Indian Express. 5 March 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "'Great Grand Masti' to be Kangna Sharma's Bollywood debut". The Indian Express. 25 August 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Kangna Sharma to make her Bollywood debut in Great Grand Masti". The Times of India. 26 August 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Shekhar, Shashank (6 July 2016). "After Udta Punjab, Salman's Sultan, Great Grand Masti leaked online". India Today. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Shiney Ahuja slams a legal notice on the makers of 'Great Grand Masti' for naming a maid 'Shiney' in the film". The Times of India. 15 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.