Great Jones Repertory Company
The company is named after Great Jones Street, where La MaMa's rehearsal building is located. As described on their website, the company is an "intergenerational, racially and ethnically diverse ensemble of artists, actors, designers, and musicians whose landmark works remain a significant part of La MaMa’s history."
Great Jones Repertory was founded in 1972 by Elizabeth Swados, Andrei Șerban, and La MaMa founder and artistic director Ellen Stewart. Beginning with Fragments of a Greek Trilogy in 1972, Great Jones has most notably performed a number of experimental theatre works based in Greek tragedy.
Other works performed by the company have included Eric Bentley's adaptation of Bertolt Brecht's Good Woman of Setzuan and repertory productions of Shakespeare's As You Like It between 1976 and 1980.
- "About Great Jones Repertory". La Mama Experimental Theatre Club. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- La MaMa Archives Digital Collections. "Production: Good Woman of Setzuan, The (1976)". Accessed August 15, 2018.
- La MaMa Archives Digital Collections. "Tour: Great Jones Repertory Company European Tour (1976)". Accessed August 15, 2018.
- La MaMa Archives Digital Collections. "Tour: Great Jones Repertory Company Germany Tour (1980)". Accessed August 15, 2018.
- W., Lily (January 26, 2018). "NYC Theater Review: 'Panorama' at La MaMa". 8Asians.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
|This United States theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|