Great Marlow School
|Motto||Creating Opportunity, Releasing Potential and Achieving Excellence|
|DfE URN||136964 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Colours||Black, white and red (for P.E. and rowing only)|
|Deputy Headteacher||Guy Pendlebury|
Great Marlow School is a co-educational secondary school in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. It takes children from the age of 11 through to the age of 18 and has approximately 1,260 pupils. In August 2011 the school became an Academy. In 2012/2013 the school underwent a building project to erect a new sports hall, all weather astroturf pitches, new bus parking and a community gym complex. The school sold a large plot of land at the top of their field to fund this project.
The school appoints a team of prefects from students selected by the staff. The prefects' duties include escorting parents at events such as open evenings, showing visitors around the school, caring for the new intake of children coming up from primary schools, and ensuring that pupils do not misbehave inside the buildings during lunch time. There are also a head boy and a head girl from the sixth form, who are appointed by the head teacher and a panel of governors and senior members of staff. The head boy and head girl represent the school and give speeches to parents and children.
Pupils who attend the school normally live in the Wycombe District;, this includes Marlow and Henley.
In July 2011 the school celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- Elliot Benyon, footballer
- Tyrrell Hatton, professional golfer on the European Tour
- Sir Steve Redgrave, rower who won a gold medal at five consecutive Olympic Games
- Danny Senda, footballer
The Voice is a newsletter that is given at the end of every term giving news about the school.
- "Open academies map and schools submitting applications". Department for Education. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "Schools Directory". Buckinghamshire County Council. Retrieved 2006-09-07.
- "Specialist Schools Home". DfES. July 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-08-03. Retrieved 2006-07-28.
- July 2016