Great Meadows, New Jersey
Great Meadows, New Jersey
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||1.579 sq mi (4.090 km2)|
|• Land||1.565 sq mi (4.054 km2)|
|• Water||0.014 sq mi (0.035 km2) 0.86%|
|Elevation||515 ft (157 m)|
|• Density||193.6/sq mi (74.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02583992|
Great Meadows is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Independence Township in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, that was created as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP's population was 303.
Through the 2000 United States Census, the CDP was combined as part of the Great Meadows-Vienna CDP. Effective with the 2010 Census, the Great Meadows-Vienna CDP was split into its components, Vienna (with a 2010 Census population of 981) and Great Meadows. As of the 2000 United States Census, the population of the combined Great Meadows-Vienna CDP was 1,264.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 1.579 square miles (4.090 km2), including 1.565 square miles (4.054 km2) of land and 0.014 square miles (0.035 km2) of water (0.86%).
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 303 people, 104 households, and 74.048 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 193.6 per square mile (74.7/km2). There were 113 housing units at an average density of 72.2 per square mile (27.9/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.75% (278) White, 0.33% (1) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 4.29% (13) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 2.31% (7) from other races, and 1.32% (4) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.29% (13) of the population.
There were 104 households out of which 39.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.7% were married couples living together, 8.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.8% were non-families. 23.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.47.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 29.0% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 27.4% from 25 to 44, 27.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38.3 years. For every 100 females there were 106.1 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 97.2 males.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Great Meadows include:
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Great Meadows Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Great Meadows CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Great Meadows, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Warren County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-5, August 2012. Accessed June 3, 2013. "Warren County... Deleted CDPs: ... Great Meadows-Vienna CDP (parts taken to form all of Great Meadows and part of Vienna CDPs)".
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Vienna CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000; Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Great Meadows-Vienna CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000; Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for ZCTA 07838, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- "Centenary's Kimball Chosen by Nationals in 12th Round." Archived 2012-02-10 at the Wayback Machine, Centenary College of New Jersey press release dated July 7, 2006. Accessed January 13, 2008. "A graduate of Hackettstown High School, and a resident of Great Meadows NJ, Centenary has been a terrific fit for Cole's most recent two seasons."