Great Plains Transportation Museum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||700 East Douglas Ave
Wichita, KS 67202 USA
The museum's collection includes 6 locomotives and several pieces of rolling stock used on freight and passenger trains.
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway 4-8-4 steam locomotive #3768.
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway EMD FP45 diesel locomotive #93.
- Burlington Northern Railroad EMD NW2 diesel locomotive #421 (Ex-St. Louis - San Francisco Railway #261)
- Various other diesel locomotives
- An electric locomotive
- A drover's car
- A tank car
- Maintenance of way equipment
- A Postal storage car
- A heavyweight baggage car
- Various types of cabooses
- Great Plains Transportation Museum Website
- ATSF 4-8-4 3768 info at the Santa Fe Subjects site-By Evan Werkema
- Photos and history on FP45 #93-By Jim Fuhrman
- Preservation project for Santa Fe FP-45 #93
|This article about a United States railway museum or tourist railway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Kansas museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|