It is one of seven districts that represent Yellowknife and the current Member of the Legislative Assembly is Glen Abernethy. The district has existed twice, the first incarnation existed from 1975 and was abolished in 1979 when it was split between Great Slave East and Rae-Lac La Martre. The second incarnation was created in 1999 from the old Yellowknife North riding.
Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs)
|2011 Northwest Territories general election|
|2007 Northwest Territories general election|
|Total Valid Ballots||767||99.48%|
|Voter Turnout 56.73%||Rejected Ballots 4|
|2003 Northwest Territories general election|
|Total Valid Ballots||651||100%|
|Voter Turnout 48.55%||Rejected Ballots 1|
|1999 Northwest Territories general election|
|Voter Turnout 62.11%||Rejected Ballots 5|
|1975 Northwest Territories general election|
|Voter Turnout ?%||Rejected Ballots|
^ a: In the 2007 election, percentages assigned to candidates were based on the total votes cast. In prior elections the percentages were based on the valid votes.
- Great Slave constituency map
- Map of the Yellowknife constituencies
- Members page
- "Official Voting Results 2007 General Election" (PDF). Elections NWT. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Official Voting Results 2003 General Election" (PDF). Elections NWT. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Official Voting Results 1999 General Election" (PDF). Elections NWT. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-18.