Great Wall Wingle
|Great Wall Wingle|
|Manufacturer||Great Wall Motors|
|Also called||Great Wall Steed
Great Wall V240
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door crew cab
2-door pickup truck
|Engine||2.0 L GW2.0TCI I4 (diesel)
2.4 L 4G64 I4 (petrol)
2.5 L GW2.5TCI I4 (diesel)
2.8 L GW2.8TC I4 (diesel)
|Length||5,040 mm (198.4 in)|
|Width||1,800 mm (70.9 in)|
|Height||1,730 mm (68.1 in)|
|Curb weight||1,740 kg (3,836 lb)|
The Great Wall Wingle (Chinese: 长城风骏; pinyin: Chángchéng Fēngjùn) is a compact pickup truck built and marketed by the Chinese automaker Great Wall Motors since 2006. In 2009, it became the first Chinese-made 'Ute' or pickup to be sold in Australia where it is marketed as the V-Series. It is also available in Europe under the Steed name.
It has been noted by motoring journalists that the Wingle shares a very similar side and rear-end profile to the Isuzu D-Max sold since 2002. The vehicle's front end styling also bears a striking resemblance to the 2002 Volkswagen Magellan concept car.
A new pick-up named Wingle 5 has been released in 2011 and is sold alongside the original, which has been renamed Wingle 3. It is now available with a new 2-litre turbodiesel common rail engine developing 105 kW (141 hp) and 305 N·m (225 lb·ft).
In 2014, the new Wingle 6 was introduced, featuring among others, LED headlights, rear differential lock, reversing camera and parking sensors and tire pressure monitoring system. It is powered by the same range of the 2.0-litre diesel and 2.4-litre petrol engines.
The Australian specification V240 comes standard with a 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 100 kW (134 hp) and 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) of torque which is licensed from Mitsubishi Motors. In some markets, it is offered with a GW2.8TC diesel engine. V240 is specified as standard with alloy wheels, AM/FM CD radio, electric windows, leather trimmed seats, disc/drum brakes and air-conditioning.
- "Great Wall Steed (Wingle) launch activity in Italy". Great Wall Motors. 2009-01-09. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "V240 4x4 - V240 4x2 - Dual Cab Ute". Great Wall Motors Australia. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "Chinese utes arrive in Oz". CarPoint. 2009-06-24. Retrieved 2010-03-05.
- Dowling, Joshua (2009-12-04). "Great Wall v Mahindra: the cheap ute showdown". CarPoint. Retrieved 2010-03-05.
- "Great Wall Motors - Wingle 5". Great Wall Motors. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Pick-Up Steed 5 TDI: le motorizzazioni" (in Italian). Eurasia Motor Company. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "2010 Great Wall V240 Single Cab Launched In Australia". The Motor Report. 2010-06-18. Archived from the original on 2010-06-19.
- Campbell, Matt (15 April 2011). "Facelift brings great expectations". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Great Wall Wingle.|