Greater Europe refers to the idea of an extended or developed Europe. This generally implies a Europe which transcends traditional boundaries, including trans-Eurasian countries, or those in close proximity with a strong European heritage.
It may specifically deal with future scenarios of enlargement or development of the European Union, to the point of a Federal Europe or the Eurosphere, or a "re-unified" Europe after the fall of the Iron Curtain.
- Russia and the West: the 21st century security environment. M.E. Sharpe. 1999. p. 158. ISBN 978-0-7656-0432-3.
- Coca-Cola Forms 2 New Overseas Units; The New York Times; 21 January 2000; retrieved 7 August 2008
- Russian media reports on Yeltsin's pledge to cut troops; BBC News; 3 December 1997; retrieved 7 August 2008
- EU and Russia Agree to Strengthen Ties; DW-world; 10 May 2005; retrieved 7 August 2008
- Commission creates 'Wider Europe' task force; EurActiv; 10 July 2003; retrieved 7 August 2008
- Towards greater Europe?: a Continent without an iron curtain. Blackwell Publishers. 1992. ISBN 978-0-631-18551-2.
- "Report on the Implementation of the European Security Strategy - Providing Security in a Changing World - Brussels, 11 December 2008 S407/08" (PDF).
- Greater Europe: Putin's vision of Europe (Dis)integration by Marek Menkiszak
European Union articles
|This Europe-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|