Greater Good Science Center
This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Greater Good Science Center (GGSC) is a center located at the University of California, Berkeley.
The center was founded by Dacher Keltner in 2001, with a donation from UC Berkeley alumni Thomas and Ruth Hornaday following the death of their daughter from cancer. Based at the University of California, Berkeley, it sponsors scientific research into social and emotional well-being. The center draws upon academic fields such as psychology, sociology, education, economics, and neuroscience in its research. It publishes an online magazine, Greater Good; a podcast, The Science of Happiness; the Greater Good in Action website; and classes and events.
Podcasts and print magazine
The center produces the podcast The Science of Happiness. Greater Good magazine (ISSN 1553-3239; 2004-2009) was a quarterly magazine published by the center, edited by Dacher Keltner, of the University of California, Berkeley, and journalist Jason Marsh. The magazine highlighted scientific research into the roots of compassion, altruism, and empathy and included stories of compassion in action, providing a bridge between social scientists and parents, educators, community leaders, and policy makers. The magazine was nominated by the Utne Reader as one of the top independent publications in the country.
- "Dacher Keltner pursues happiness (and other things) at the Greater Good Science Center". oslc.org. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Our Mission". ggsc.berkeley.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- "Our Story". berkeley.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Our Mission". truth-out.org. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Our Mission". Greater Good Magazine. the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Utne Independent Press Awards Nominees 2009". utne.com. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Common Ground Magazine. May 1, 2005 http://www.lime.com/magazines?uri=commongroundmag.com/lime/2005/05/dob0505.htmlml. Missing or empty
- "In good we trust". San Francisco Magazine. June 2009. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Social Sciences". Library Journal. November 15, 2008. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Cultivating Happiness". San Francisco Chronicle. December 30, 2007. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Keltner, Dacher; Marsh, Jason (December 1, 2006). "We Are All Bystanders". Greater Good. Archived from the original on February 27, 2010. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Forgiveness, Truth and Reconciliation" (PDF). Greater Good. Fall 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 19, 2011. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Grossman, Dave (Summer 2007). "Hope on the Battlefield". Greater Good. Archived from the original on 2007-11-30. Retrieved March 1, 2011.