Greater Good Science Center
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Greater Good Science Center, located at the University of California, Berkeley is an interdisciplinary research center devoted to the scientific understanding of individual happiness, compassion, strong social bonding, and altruistic behavior. The center was started in 2001 and serves to conduct research, and to translate and disseminate research for the general public. Until 2009, the center published the online magazine Greater Good, and the center also produces podcasts on its research findings.
The center at the University of California, Berkeley was started in 2001 as an interdisciplinary research center. By studying individuals and their relationships, the center aims to promote well-being in society as a whole.
Greater Good magazine (ISSN 1553-3239; 2004-2009) was a quarterly magazine published by the center, edited by Professor Dacher Keltner, of the University of California, Berkeley, and journalist Jason Marsh. The magazine highlighted scientific research into the roots of compassion, altruism, and empathy and included stories of compassion in action, providing a bridge between social scientists and parents, educators, community leaders, and policy makers.
The center produces two podcasts: The Greater Good, and Happiness Matters.
- "Our Mission". berkeley.edu. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Born To Be Good: Lessons from the Science of a Meaningful Life". oslc.org. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Jason Marsh, Lauren Klein, Jeremy Adam Smith". truth-out.org. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Utne Independent Press Awards Nominees 2009". utne.com. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Common Ground Magazine. May 1, 2005 http://www.lime.com/magazines?uri=commongroundmag.com/lime/2005/05/dob0505.htmlml. Missing or empty
- "In good we trust". San Francisco Magazine. June 2009. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Social Sciences". Library Journal. November 15, 2008. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Cultivating Happiness". San Francisco Chronicle. December 30, 2007. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Keltner, Dacher; Marsh, Jason (December 1, 2006). "We Are All Bystanders". Greater Good. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- "Forgiveness, Truth and Reconciliation" (pdf). Greater Good. Fall 2004. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Grossman, Dave (Summer 2007). "Hope on the Battlefield". Greater Good. Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Greater Good Science Center Website
- Raising Happiness Blog: Science for Joyful Kids and Happier Parents
- Greater Good Education Blog
|This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a university or other tertiary education institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|