|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Planning agency||Municipal Corporation of Delhi|
Greater Kailash 1" (often referred to as GK 1) is a residential area in South Delhi, comprising several neighborhoods and multiple markets. It is one of the most posh neighbourhoods of Delhi and is home to some of the most affluent families of Delhi. It is divided into two zones, namely Parts 1 and 2, located around a section of the Outer Ring Road. It is sought after both in commercial and residential category. In 2009 Greater Kailash was rated as the safest place in Delhi by Times of India, after 2008 serial blast took place in M-Block market.
Greater Kailash 1
Greater Kailash 1 (GK-I) was developed in the 1960s by DLF Limited when Delhi Government allowed private developers to build colonies, and is today one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the city, home to well-known politicians, business personality and people associated with Bollywood industry. GK 1 markets in M and N Block are some of the most popular markets among Delhites and tourists because of its wide range of shopping, restaurant's, bars etc. Home to a wide range of international and national retail stores, such as Giovanni, Next, Puma, Nike, Adidas, Lacoste, United Colors of Benetton, Carlton and several restaurants and coffee houses such as Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Cafe Coffee Day, Bohemia etc.
Greater Kailash Part 2
Greater Kailash-II is considered to be one of the posh areas in South Delhi. The development of Greater Kailash-I was followed by the expansion of Greater Kailash Part II, which has easier accessibility to the Outer Ring Road of New Delhi. M-Block, GK II is a popular market, with many restaurants and coffee shops and sanitary shops. It is one of the largest hubs for sanitary ware in Northern India. Recently the market has experienced heavy foot fall due to several posh restaurants and Banks. The area has benefited with a lot of restaurants, bakeries such as Red Moon, Defence Bakery, Birdy's and coffee houses such as Costa Coffee, Barista, Chocolateria San Churro, Cafe Turtle etc.
- Apollo Spectra Hospital
- Fortis La Femme Hospital
- Sukhda Hospital
- Phoenix Hospital
- Premier Skin Hospital
- Bharti Eye Hospital
- The Domestic Airport is 17 km from Greater Kailash.
- The International Airport (IGI) is 22 km from Greater Kailash.
- The Nizamuddin Railway station is approximately 9 km from Greater Kailash
- The New Delhi Railway Station is approximately 15 – 16 km from Greater Kailash
- East of Kailash
- Nehru Place
- Lajpat Nagar
- Chittaranjan Park
- Masjid Moth
- Kailash Colony
- Sant Nagar
- Pamposh Enclave
- Hemkunt Colony
- Chirag Enclave
- Siri Fort Road
- "GK, C R Park among 24 safe city colonies". Times of India. Dec 19, 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Serial blasts rock Delhi; 30 dead, 90 injured". Times of India. TOI. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- Ganjoo, Aditya. "The Most Happening Places In Greater Kailash Right Now". magicpin.
- "Congress banks on President's daughter to win Delhi's GK seat". Times of India. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Gulshan kumar A tribute to the entrepreneurial skills of Gulshan Kumar, who made music". Rediff. Sunday magazine. Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- "Cryptic tales". Times of India. Retrieved 29 July 2015.