Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force
|Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force|
Logo of the Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force
|Allegiance||Army Cadet Force|
|Role||Volunteer Youth Organisation|
|Headquarters (HQ)||GMACF HQ|
|Motto(s)||To Inspire To Achieve|
|Website||GMACF Official Website|
|Honorary Colonel||Warren James Smith|
|Commandant||Colonel Paul Irvine|
The Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force (GMACF) is the county cadet force for Greater Manchester which forms part of the wider Army Cadet Force, a youth organisation in the United Kingdom that offers learning and experiences around a military training theme. It is home to between 1400-1750 cadets and 200-230 adult volunteers in 45-47 detachments. GMACF headquarters is at Hawkshaw in Bury, and piping and parade nights are held at Hulme in Manchester. The Honorary Colonel of the GMACF is the Lord Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, Warren James Smith.
GMACF helps 12- to 18-year-olds from Greater Manchester to "learn new skills, get real qualifications, make friends and enjoy adventures". It provides pre-training and experience of life in the British Army, with opportunies to achieve and develop skills away from home.
Cadet Detachments perform training on a weekly basis throughout the year, plus occasional weekends away, and a two-week annual camp. This training typically includes military skills, like shooting, fieldcraft, first aid and navigation, together with fitness training like climbing, canoeing and mountain biking.
The Greater Manchester Army Cadets form part of the 4,000 young cadets from Greater Manchester, which also includes the Combined Cadet Force, the Air Training Corps and the Sea Cadet Corps. The GMACF is involved with the Poppy Appeal in Greater Manchester.
Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force has detachments in the following locations:
|Detachment||Location||Borough||Postcode||Grid ref||Affiliated Regiment||Notes|
|Radcliffe ACF||Knowles Street, Radcliffe||Bury||M26 4DR|
|Crumpsall ACF||2A Middleton Road, Crumpsall||Manchester||M8 5DS|||
|Belle Vue ACF||Belle Vue Street, Belle Vue||Manchester||M12 5PW|||
|Levenshulme ACF||Osbourne Road, Levenshulme||Manchester||M19 2DT|||
|Rusholme ACF||Norman Road, Rusholme||Manchester||M14 5LH|||
|Rochdale ACF||Norman Road, Rochdale||Rochdale||OL11 4HS|||
|Heywood ACF||Bamford Road, Heywood||Rochdale||OL10 4TF|||
|Middleton ACF||Ashton Lane||Wince Brook||M24 1BN|||
|Bury ACF||Castle Street, Bury||Bury||BL9 0LB|
Holcombe Moor CTC
|Spenleach Lane,||Hawkshaw||BL8 4JJ|
|Shaw ACF||Royton and Crompton School||Oldham||OL2 6NT|
|Oldham ACF||Rifle Street||Oldham||OL1 3DN|
|Stalybridge ACF||Off 107 Wakefield Rod||Staylybridge||SK15 1AD|
|Manchester Academy||Moss Lane East||Manchester||M14 4PX||AGC|
|Hyde ACF||29 Commercial Street||Hyde||SK14 2JD|
|Royton ACF||Broadway||Oldham||OL9 9QY|
|Stockport ACF||Greek Street||Sockport||SK3 8AB|
|Cheadle Hulme ACF|
|Flixton ACF||Royal Logistics Corps|
|Streford ACF||Kings Road (207 Field Hospital)||Old Trafford||Royal Regiment of Fusiliers|
|Chadderton ACF||North Chadderton High School||Chadderton|
|Wigan ACF||Canal Street, Wigan||Wigan||WN6 7NQ|
|Hindley ACF||Lord Street, Hindley||Hindley|
|Broughton ACF||Grenadier Guards|
Manchester academy ACF
- "Army Cadet Force". Armycadets.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-12. Retrieved 2012-09-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "New Commandant for GMACF | The Official GMACF Blog". Armycadetsgreatermanchester.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- Manchester Evening News. "Region's Lord Lieutenant knighted - Manchester Evening News". Menmedia.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Greater Manchester ACF | Army Cadet Force". Armycadets.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- Name (required). "What is the Army Cadet Force? | The Official GMACF Blog". Armycadetsgreatermanchester.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Parade Nights | Army Cadet Force". Armycadets.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- By: University of Salford Press Office (2007-06-13). "Warren Smith | Warren is a retired businessman who, for 30 y…". Flickr. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Greater Manchester Lieutenancy - The Lord-Lieutenant of Greater Manchester". Manchesterlieutenancy.org. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Lord Lieutenant's Poppy Cadet Awards 2011 - Greater Manchester - The Royal British Legion". Britishlegion.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Career Connect". Connexions-manchester.com. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- armycadets.com/county/greater-manchester-acf, Greater Manchester Army Cadet Force Official Website
- armycadetsgreatermanchester.wordpress.com, The Official GMACF Blog
- https://www.facebook.com/GreaterManchesterACF The County Facebook Page