Greater Nashik Metro
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Greater Nashik Metro |
|System||Greater Nashik Metro|
|Status||Approved on 29 August 2019|
|Locale||Nashik, Maharashtra, India|
20 (line 1)10 (line 2)
|Daily ridership||100000 (estimated)|
|Owner||Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited|
|Depot(s)||Depot-1 Shramik Nagar (Satpur)
Depot-2 Nasik RoadDepot-3 Nasik Road (Artillery centre road)
|Line length||32 km (20 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
The Greater Nashik Metro or Metro NEO is a proposed rapid transit system in the Nashik metropolitan area. The system is proposed to reduce traffic congestion as well as provide direct connectivity to Nashik city from its Suburbs. The Greater Nashik Metro will connect suburbs of Nashik city like Deolali, Nashik Road, Upnagar, Nashik Airport, Sinnar, Igatpuri, Gangapur, Traimbakeshwar, Dindori, Bhagur, Niphad, Adagaon, Ghoti and Girnare.
This project is implemented and operated by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited with the help of Central and state government, Nashik Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (NMRDA) and Nashik Municipal Corporation. It will be India's first Rubber-tyred metro. Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis in an interview stated that feasibility report will be created soon. Greater Nashik Metro will be implemented by MahaMetro and funded by CIDCO.
Nashik Metro NEO line 1 & 2
Project details (DPR)
Budget The Maharashtra government has invested 2,100.6 crore for the "Metro Neo" project.
1st line The first line is proposed from Shrimik nagar (Satpur) in west to Nasik Road railway station in east. There will be 17 stations on this route. The route will be of 22.5 km.
2nd line This route is proposed to be built from Gangapur to Mumbai (Bombay) naka. There will be 10 stations on this route which will be 10.5 km long.
Depots A tram (rubber tyred metro) depot will be constructed at Shrimik nagar.
Interchange station Interchange station will be constructed at Sarda Circle.
- Aug 2019: Maharashtra state government approved Nashik Metro project.
- "Metro NEO to run in Nashik by 2023". My Mahanagar. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Nashik metro project on anvil; Maha Metro to be nodal agency | Nashik News - Times of India". The Times of India. 1 December 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "Maha Govt approves innovative 'METRO NEO' for Nashik city | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com". DNA India. 29 Aigust 2019. Retrieved 30 August 2019. Check date values in:
- "Nashik Metro project pegged at over Rs 1,800 crore". The Times of India. 2 June 2019. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "Nashik Metro: Two lines with 30 stations approved". Mint. 29 August 2019. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|