Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
|Purpose||Operation of Orlando International Airport and Orlando Executive Airport|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, United States|
GOAA replaced the former City of Orlando Aviation Department in 1976 following the closure of McCoy Air Force Base and its conveyance from the U.S. Air Force to the General Services Administration to the City of Orlando, and its subsequent transition to Orlando International Airport. GOAA is tasked with the operation, maintenance and administration of all public airports in Orange County, Florida, including any public airports which may be built in Orange County in the future.
The aviation authority consists of a full-time professional staff under the leadership of an appointed Executive Director and a non-paid seven-member board consisting of the mayor of the city of Orlando, Florida; the mayor of Orange County, Florida; and five other members who are personally interviewed and appointed by the governor of the state of Florida and who are subject to confirmation of the Florida Senate. The current Chairman is Frank Kruppenbacher and the current Vice Chairman is Dr. Jason Pirozzolo
The full-time GOAA staff is divided into four general categories:
(1) unionized employees, primarily in the building and maintenance trades;
(2) firefighters and paramedics of the international airport's Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) Division, who fall under an employment/retirement model similar to other fire rescue personnel in the State of Florida;
- NOTE: ARFF functions for the executive airport are delegated to a station of the Orlando Fire Department (OFD) located on that airport's property. ARFF-specific crash vehicles are provided to OFD by GOAA.
(3) non-unionized GOAA staff members (hourly and salaried) who are de facto civil service personnel spread across multiple occupational and professional categories in thirteen pay levels up to and including supervisors, managers and assistant directors; and
(4) appointed directors, senior directors, deputy executive directors and the executive director, the former serving at the pleasure of the executive director and the executive director serving at the pleasure of the GOAA Board. The current Executive Director is Phil Brown, A.A.E., CPA.
- "Greater Orlando Aviation Authority". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "About Us". Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (December 13, 2013). "Greater Orlando Aviation Authority: Board members portraits" (PDF). Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (December 13, 2013). "Greater Orlando Aviation Authority: members staff" (PDF). Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
|This article about aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|