Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport
|Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport|
|Owner||Scioto County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||663 ft / 202 m|
Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport (IATA: PMH, ICAO: KPMH, FAA LID: PMH), also known as Scioto County Airport, is a public use airport located on State Route 335 in the community of Minford, Ohio, 10 nautical miles (12 mi, 19 km) northeast of the central business district of Portsmouth, a city in Scioto County, Ohio, United States. It is owned by the Scioto County Airport Authority. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
The airport opened on June 27, 1957 to replace another airport located in West Portsmouth which was situated near the Ohio River. When it first opened, Lake Central Airlines offered services to the airport until Allegheny Airlines merged with them in 1968. Allegheny continued service briefly before terminating service altogether. Since then, the airport has been without airline services and is today used for corporate and business services flying out of Portsmouth and for flight training.
Facilities and aircraft
Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport covers an area of 246 acres (100 ha) at an elevation of 663 feet (202 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m).
The airport offers fuel services along with a small snack bar, a couple of hangars, mechanics, and pilot snooze room.
For the 12-month period ending August 24, 2011, the airport had 45,830 aircraft operations, an average of 125 per day: 98% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 30 aircraft based at this airport: 77% single-engine, 13% multi-engine, 7% ultralight, and 3% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for PMH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Hart, Kenneth (September 14, 1999). "Minford Selected for Site of Airport June 29, 1957 - Airport Opened for Service". Portsmouth Daily Times. p. 14. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- "Allegheny Timetable Effective January 15, 1969". TimeTableImages.com. Allegheny Airlines. January 15, 1969. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport at Scioto County website
- Aerial image as of March 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PMH, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: