Greatest Engineering Achievements of the 20th Century
In 2003, the National Academy of Engineering in the United States published A Century of Innovation: Twenty Engineering Achievements that Transformed our Lives. This work detailed historical information on the following list of what the authors consider to be the top twenty engineering achievements of the 20th century, or those achievements which had the greatest impact upon life during and following this period.
The list was published as follows:
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Radio and Television
- Agricultural Mechanization
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Household Appliances
- Health Technologies
- Petroleum and Petrochemical Technologies
- Laser and Fiber Optics
- Nuclear Technologies
- High-performance Materials
- "A Century of Innovation: Twenty Engineering Achievements that Transformed our Lives". National Academies Press. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Greatest Engineering Achievements of the Twentieth Century". National Academy of Engineering. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|