Greatest Hits (Amy Grant album)
|Greatest hits album by Amy Grant|
|Released||October 2, 2007|
|Genre||Contemporary Christian music, pop|
|Amy Grant chronology|
|Jesus Freak Hideout|||
Greatest Hits is a compilation album by contemporary Christian music-pop singer Amy Grant, released on October 2, 2007 (see 2007 in music). It was released by EMI CMG, Grant's new record label, to mark the start of her contract with them. It does not contain new songs, but the record label did remaster all of her songs. It is her latest career-spanning collection (following the 1986 compilation The Collection), and thus overlaps several tracks with both The Collection and Greatest Hits 1986–2004. As with The Collection, the songs are arranged in reverse chronological order.
There is a special edition of the album that contains a bonus DVD as well.
Notably missing from the collection are several of Grant's hits, including the early CCM classic "All I Ever Have to Be", "Everywhere I Go", "Wise Up", "The Next Time I Fall" (a duet with Peter Cetera), and her cover version of Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi".
- "Simple Things" (Grant, O'Brian, Owsley, Thomas) – 3:57
- "Takes a Little Time" (Grant, Kirkpatrick) – 4:27
- "Lucky One" (Grant, Thomas) – 4:09
- "House of Love (duet w/ Vince Gill)" (Barnhill, Greenberg, Wilson) – 4:37
- "Baby Baby" (Grant, Thomas) – 3:56
- "Every Heartbeat" (Grant, Kirkpatrick, Peacock) – 3:32
- "That's What Love Is For" (Grant, Muller, Omartian) – 4:15
- "Good for Me" (Grant, Gruska, Kirkpatrick, Snow) – 3:58
- "I Will Remember You" (Chapman, Grant, Thomas) – 5:00
- "Lead Me On" (Grant, Kirkpatrick, Smith) – 5:36
- "Saved by Love" (Grant, Peters, Smith) – 4:37
- "Stay for Awhile" (Grant, Smith, Kirkpatrick) - 5:32
- "Find a Way" (Grant, Smith) - 3:28
- "Thy Word" (Grant, Smith) - 3:17
- "Angels" (Grant, Bannister, Smith, Chapman) - 4:08
- "El Shaddai" (Card, Thompson) - 4:07
- "In a Little While" (1982 version) (Grant, Bannister, Chapman, Keister) - 4:19
- "Father's Eyes" (Chapman) - 4:03
- "Old Man's Rubble" (Bannister) - 2:59
The DVD contains:
- Music videos for:
- Interview: "Looking Back"
- Feature: Amy shares about her life
- Audio: Acoustic performance of "Takes a Little Time"
- Photo gallery
- Free Ringtone: "Takes a Little Time"
- Free trial membership to FOA (Friends of Amy - Grant's fan club)
Grant promoted the hits album on her website using her vlog section, Simple Things. There are two videos used in promotion of the album. One is Grant playing acoustic guitar on an acoustic performance of her hit "Baby Baby", filmed at her house.
The other video has Grant showing many copies of the album around her house in various places such as by her alarm clock and by her pictures, while the acoustic "Baby Baby" is playing in the background. Towards the end of the video, Grant takes out copies of the liner notes from the washing machine, and also brings out copies of the album from the microwave oven.
Album – Billboard (North America)
End of year charts