Greatest Hits (Social Distortion album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Compilation album by Social Distortion|
|Released||June 25, 2007|
|Genre||Punk rock, cowpunk|
49:18 (iTunes version)
|Social Distortion chronology|
Greatest Hits is a compilation album by Social Distortion. It was released on June 26, 2007. It includes hit singles from Mommy's Little Monster to Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll - as well as the unreleased track "Far Behind", which also became a hit single – yet lacks anything from Mainliner, which is actually a compilation of unreleased early material.
"Far Behind" is also the band's first new song recorded with then-current line-up of Mike Ness (vocals, guitars), Jonny "2 Bags" Wickersham (guitar), Brent Harding (bass guitar) and Charlie Quintana (drums).
A bonus track, a studio recording of a new Social Distortion cover version of the Chuck Berry classic "Maybellene", is available through the iTunes music store in the US. On the UK version, the bonus track is "1945" (13th Floor Records version), which was previously released as a single, as a B-side on the Story of My Life EP, and on Mainliner.
By July 11, 2007, the album had sold 13,462 copies in the US.
"Story of My Life" and a live version of "Mommy's Little Monster" appear in the music video games Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero: Metallica, respectively. I Was Wrong appears in the music videogame Rock Band 2, while "Story of My Life", "Bad Luck", and "Ring of Fire" were released as downloadable content for the series.
|1.||"Another State of Mind" (from Mommy's Little Monster, 1983)||Social Distortion||2:38|
|2.||"Mommy's Little Monster" (from Mommy's Little Monster, 1983)||3:31|
|3.||"Prison Bound" (from Prison Bound, 1988)||Mike Ness||5:23|
|4.||"Story of My Life" (from Social Distortion, 1990)||Ness||5:46|
|5.||"Ball and Chain" (from Social Distortion, 1990)||Ness||5:42|
|6.||"Ring of Fire" (from Social Distortion, 1990)||Merle Kilgore, June Carter||3:52|
|7.||"Bad Luck" (from Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell, 1992)||4:22|
|8.||"When the Angels Sing" (from White Light, White Heat, White Trash, 1996)||4:16|
|9.||"I Was Wrong" (from White Light, White Heat, White Trash, 1996)||Ness||3:57|
|10.||"Reach for the Sky" (from Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll, 2004)||3:31|
|11.||"Far Behind" (Previously unreleased)||Ness||4:03|
|12.||"Maybellene" (Previously unreleased - iTunes download only)||Chuck Berry||2:17|
- Mike Ness - vocals, guitar
- Dennis Danell - guitar (tracks 1-9)
- Brent Liles - bass guitar (tracks 1-2)
- Derek O'Brien - drums (tracks 1-2)
- John Maurer - bass guitar (track 3-10)
- Christopher Reece - drums (tracks 3-7)
- Deen Castronovo - drums (track 8-9)
- Jonny Wickersham - guitar (tracks 10-12)
- Charlie Quintana - drums (tracks 10-12)
- Brent Harding - bass guitar (tracks 11-12)
|US Billboard 200||86|
|US Independent Albums||7|
|2007||"Far Behind"||US Modern Rock Tracks||19|
- Mark Deming (2007-06-26). "Greatest Hits - Social Distortion | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "Social Distortion - Greatest Hits | Album Reviews". Rocklouder. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "NME Reviews - Social Distortion". Nme.com. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- "Social Distortion - Greatest Hits (CD)". Discogs.com. 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2015-08-25.