Greatest Hits Live (Carly Simon album)
|Greatest Hits Live|
|Live album by|
|Released||August 2, 1988|
|Recorded||June 9, 1987 live at Gay Head, Martha's Vineyard|
|Producer||Tom "T-Bone" Wolk & Carly Simon|
|Carly Simon chronology|
All the songs are live versions recorded on 35MM film from a 1987 HBO special shot on Martha's Vineyard called Carly Simon: Live from Martha's Vineyard, which was released in 1987 on VHS and in 2004 and 2010 on DVD.
Release and reception
The album version runs in a different track order than the video version, and three tracks from the video version are removed- "Give Me All Night", "You Have To Hurt", and "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of". The song "The Right Thing to Do", is included on the album, but didn't make it into the final televised cut of the concert. It would later be included on both DVD releases as a bonus performance.
Greatest Hits Live has been released on Vinyl, Cassette tape, and Compact disc. The album sold very well upon release, going Gold immediately. In 1996, the album was certified Platinum by the RIAA, for sales of over 1,000,000 copies in the United States alone.
All tracks composed by Carly Simon; except where indicated
- "Nobody Does It Better" (Marvin Hamlisch, Carole Bayer Sager) – 3:43
- "You're So Vain" – 4:44
- "It Happens Every Day" – 2:38
- "Anticipation" – 3:17
- "The Right Thing to Do" – 2:48
- "Do The Walls Come Down" (Simon, Paul Samwell-Smith) – 4:05
- "You Belong To Me" (Simon, Michael McDonald) – 3:35
- "Two Hot Girls (On A Hot Summer Night)" – 5:12
- "All I Want Is You" (Simon, Jacob Brackman, Andy Goldmark) – 3:55
- "Coming Around Again/Itsy Bitsy Spider" – 7:01
- "Never Been Gone" (Simon, Brackman) – 3:38
- Carly Simon – vocals
- T-Bone Wolk - bass guitar, piano,accordion, arranger, director
- Michael Brecker - EWI, saxophone
- Hugh McCracken - guitar
- Jimmy Ryan - guitar, background vocals
- Robbie Kondor – piano, synthesizers
- Robbie Kilgore - percussion, synthesizers
- Rick Marotta – drums, electronic drums, percussion
- Lani Groves, Frank Simms, Alexandra Taylor, Ben Taylor, Isaac Taylor,Sally Taylor, Aquinnah Witham, Elizabeth Witham, Kvitka Cisyk - background vocals
- Carly Simon, T-Bone Wolk – producer
- Mike Scott - engineer
- Chris Lord-Alge - mixing
- David Hewitt - remote recording engineer record Plant Black Truck
- Bob Gothard - photography
- Peter Hefter, Tim Leitner - Audio Engineer
- Gary "Gizmo" Grim, James Hellman, Mel Papaterpos - stage technician
- Dave Brubaker - design
- Phil Gitomer, Fritz Lange, J.B. Mattioti - remote recording
Album - Billboard (North America)
|1988||The Billboard 200||87|
Album - International
|1988||United Kingdom||UK Albums Chart||49|
- "Carly Simon Official Website - Live From Martha's Vineyard DVD". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on June 15, 2004. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- "Carly Simon certifications". RIAA.com. Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Carly Simon - Chart history | Billboard". Billboard.com. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- "The Official Charts Company - Never Been Gone". The Official Charts Company. April 1, 2015.