Greatest the Hits 2011–2011
|"Greatest the Hits 2011–2011"|
|Single by Maximum the Hormone|
|Released||March 23, 2011|
|Songwriter(s)||Maximum the Ryo (all songs)|
|Maximum the Hormone singles chronology|
"Greatest the Hits 2011–2011" (グレイテスト・ザ・ヒッツ 2011〜2011? Gureitesuto Za Hittsu 2011-2011) is a triple A-side maxi single released by the Japanese rock band Maximum the Hormone. The single was released on March 23, 2011. The title of the single is a pun by the band, telling the fans that: "Greatest Hits doesn't necessarily mean a collection of past titles. We can say these new songs are our best!". The single comes with three separate covers, one for each song, and also comes packaged with a "bonus booklet" which is a collected and edited version of Maximum the Ryo-Kun's column in Bubuka magazine titled "Maximum The Ryo-kun's Legal Trip".
The single peaked at number 1 for two consecutive weeks on the Oricon charts selling more than 81,000 in its first week, and making this the first time Maximum the Hormone has ever topped a chart since their creation in 1998. It is also their best opening week, beating previous single "Tsume Tsume Tsume/'F'" who had sold approximately 62,000 copies in its first week. It was also certified by the RIAJ as gold for a shipping of more than 100,000 physical copies.
All three tracks are available on the Yoshu Fukushu album.
All tracks written by Maximum the Ryo.
|1.||"Utsukushiki Hitobito no Uta" (鬱くしき人々のうた; Song of the depressed people)||4:39|
|2.||"Maximum the Hormone"||4:55|
- Daisuke - vocals
- Maximum the Ryo - guitar, clean vocals
- Nao - drums, vocals
- Ue-chan - bass guitar, backing vocals
- "10.Feb.2011 Greatest The Hits 2011–2011" (in Japanese and English). Maximum the Hormone Official English Website. Retrieved 13 Mar 2011.
- ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2011年03月 [Works Receiving Certifications List (Gold, etc) (March 2011)]. RIAJ (in Japanese). April 10, 2011. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- http://www.jpopasia.com/group/maximumthehormone/lyrics/yoshu-fukushu::30710.html (retrieved August 2, 2013)