|Member of the Manila City Council from the 6th district|
June 30, 2004 – June 30, 2007
March 27, 1978|
|Spouse(s)||Nina Rizzi Velasco Belgica|
Grepor "Butch" Belgica (father) |
Carmelita Banta Bélgica, MD (mother)
San Beda College |
Arellano University (postgraduate studies), Pamantasan ng Lunsod ng Maynila (L.L.B)
|Occupation||church elder, politician, he is not a lawyer|
Greco Antonious Beda Banta Belgica (born March 27, 1978) is a Filipino politician and television host.
Bélgica serves as an elder of the Lord's Vineyard Church and is currently president of the Yeshua Change Agents, a non-government organization involved in anti-drug campaigns and advocating reconstruction of society to its Biblical form. He is also the founder of ReformPH Movement.
One of Bélgica's campaign promises was a flat tax system for the Philippines; in particular, a simple, one-time, and one kind tax of not more than 10% only on net income on both individual and business profits. He also espouses belief in a limited and decentralized form of government, a free market, and Christian fundamentalism. He leads the campaign to convert the PDAF and other discretionary funds of politicians to tuition vouchers for all students and capital for families, individuals and businessmen. He believes that money and resources should be in the hands of people and not with politicians and government.
Belgica v. Ochoa
In 2013, nine petitions were filed before the Supreme Court of the Philippines regarding the constitutionality of the pork barrel system. One of these petitions were filed by Belgica and his group. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the petitioners, with a unanimous vote of 14-0-1 abstain, and said that pork barrel system is unconstitutional.
In its landmark decision G.R. No. 208566 the Supreme Court defined that the pork barrel funds are lump sum discretionary funds appropriated in both the executive and legislative department. It further held, that there two kinds of pork barrel funds. The executive lump sum discretionary funds and the legislative lump sum discretionary fund known as the PDAF.
However, in his stint as commissioner of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission, Belgica stated that Janet Lim-Napoles, believed to have masterminded the PDAF Scam, is not really the 'mastermind', just 'willing beneficiary'.
- Bagong Pilipinas (People's Television Network) (2017–present)
- Ireklamo Kay Greco (DZRH News Television) (2016–present)
- #GrecoLive (DZRJ-AM) (2016–present) with CJ Santos
- Santos, Reynaldo, Jr. (2012-10-26). "Comelec approves 5 more senatorial bets". Rappler. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Portfolio and List of Services - Blitz Communication Philippines". Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- Pedroche, Al G. (2012-11-17). "Greco Belgica - From councilor to senator". Philippine Star. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- Talabong, Rambo (2013-03-27). "PACC: Napoles not pork barrel 'mastermind', just 'willing beneficiary'". Rappler. Retrieved 2018-18-07. Check date values in: