The Greece International or Hellas International in badminton is an international open held in Athens, Greece since 2000 and are thereby one of the most recent international championships in Europe. In 2005, the tournament then upgraded to two star badminton event, the World Grand Prix with the total prize money $50,000. The tournament was held in Thessaloniki, and draws more than 120 players from 22 countries. In 2006, the tournament was known as Hellas International, and in season 2007/2008 it was introduced again in the European circuit as an BWF International Series with the total pursue $5,000.
The table below gives an overview of the winners at the tournament.
Performances by nation
- "HELEXPO THESSALONIKI GRAND PRIX – 26 sept au 2 oct 05" (in French). masterbad. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Δύσκολη πρεμιέρα στην Θεσσαλονίκη" (in Greek). Contra.gr. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Hellas International 2007". Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 14 December 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Badminton Europe Circuit 2007/2008 - Tournament List". Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- "Greece". Badminton Europe. pp. 6–7. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
|This article about sports in Greece is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a badminton competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|