|Country of origin||United States|
Greedhead Music is an independent record label founded by Himanshu Suri of Das Racist. Initially, Suri founded Greedhead Music as a management and recording company in 2008 to manage Das Racist. Greedhead's first releases were the group's 2010 mixtapes, Shut Up, Dude and Sit Down, Man. Das Racist's first commercially available album, Relax, was also the first commercial release on the Greedhead imprint. Greedhead has since released solo mixtapes by both Kool A.D. (The Palm Wine Drinkard and 51) and Heems (Nehru Jackets). The label has also released works by Dash Speaks, Weekend Money, Keepaway, Lakutis, Big Baby Gandhi, Le1f, Antwon, and Meyhem Lauren, as well as non-hip-hop acts like singer Safe, Scottish bhangra act Tigerstyle, and comedian Joe Mande.
On July 9, 2015, Suri announced that he would be effectively shutting down Greedhead. He claimed that the cost of releasing and promoting free releases for the label's roster left him more than $10,000 in debt. Suri added, however, that his own music would continue to be released on the Greedhead imprint.
- The Fader (December 2011 – January 2012). "Labels to Watch". The Fader. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Phillip Mlynar (January 9, 2012). "Hive Five: A Greedhead Records Primer". MTV Hive. Archived from the original on April 9, 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-14. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Matthew Trammell (June 15, 2012). "Kool A.D.: 51". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- Channing Kennedy (January 17, 2012). "Das Racist's Himanshu Suri: Rapper, Jokester, Community Organizer?". Colorlines. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Sjimon Gompers (July 12, 2013). "Week in Pop: Au Palais, Castle, Loveskills, Salvia Plath, Winter". Impose Magazine. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- Blake Gillespie (October 2, 2012). "Weekend Money, Naked City". Impose Magazine. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- Ian Cohen (January 9, 2012). "Keepaway: Black Flute (Greedhead, 2012)". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Mike Ramos (December 1, 2011). "Lakutis' I'm In the Forest EP and Other Reasons You Should Really Be Paying Attention to Greedhead Music". Line Out. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Chris Barth (September 5, 2012). "From Wall Street Headhunter To Indie Rap Mogul: Das Racist's Himanshu Suri". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- Matt Rice (October 29, 2013). "Matt on Music tackles 10 albums". The Eastern Echo. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Claire Lobenfeld (March 8, 2014). "Premiere: Comedian Joe Mande Releases Standup Mixtape "B***hface" Featuring A$AP Yams, Roy Hibbert, Amy Poehler, and More". Complex. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- Helman, Peter (July 9, 2015). "Heems Folds Greedhead Label, Calls Out Unappreciative Roster". Stereogum. SpinMedia. Retrieved 10 July 2015.