GreenPeak Technologies is an Utrecht, Netherlands-based fabless company developing semiconductor products and software solutions for the IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee wireless market segment. ZigBee technology is used for Smart Home data communications and to facilitate the Internet of Things, the term used to refer to devices designed to be operated and managed by internet-enabled controllers and management systems.
Number of locations
|Belgium, France, Japan, Korea, United States, China, India|
|Products||RF Silicon - Communication controller chips for wireless Smart Home applications & the Internet of Things|
Number of employees
Wireless sensor applications prosper best within the sphere of industry standards. Standards offer OEMs the freedom to purchase from a larger pool of suppliers and most importantly, standards allow devices from different vendors to interoperate, a feature which is paramount in applications ranging from building automation to industrial automation.
GreenPeak’s product offering contains communication controller chips for ZigBee Smart Home and IoT applications for IEEE 802.15.4. The product portfolio features small size, ultra low-power communications chips, with integrated software, tools and reference designs for seamless integration into residential and consumer electronics applications.
Acquisition by Qorvo
On 17 April 2016, it was announced that Greenpeak had agreed to be acquired by Qorvo. After the acquisition, Greenpeak would continue to function in Netherlands as the "Lowpower Wireless Systems" business unit in the Infrastructure and Defense Products (IDP) group of Qorvo. Cees Links, former CEO of Greenpeak Technologies, was announced to take over as the General Manager of this business unit.
- GreenPeak official website
- ZigBee Alliance
- IEEE 802.15.4
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer GreenPeak Technology Pioneer in category Energy & Environment
- Deloitte Deloitte Fast 50 Winner 2014
- EEweb Shaping Smart Homes of the future
- ON World ZigBee will lead the wireless sensor network market to 1 billion units in 2017
- Frost and Sullivan About GreenPeak
- Gimv GreenPeak in Gimv cleantech and technology investment fund portfolio
- EETimes The Smart Home gets another standard
- Embedded Magazine Bringing the three flavors of ZigBee together in the smart home
- Electronic Specifier Who will win the battle of the IoT standards?
- White paper The Power of ZigBee 3.0
- White paper The different IoT wireless communication standards explained
- White paper Sentrollers, and the world of Small Data
- White paper Smart Home Networking