|Founded||1 January 2001 (1856)|
|Headquarters||Solna, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Jan Kilström (CEO), Lennart Pihl (chairman)|
|Revenue||SEK (2012) 4.6 billion|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||part-owned DB Schenker Rail Scandinavia A/S|
Green Cargo AB is a Swedish logistics company transporting various types of goods by train. It was created on 1 January 2001 out of the logistics division of Statens Järnvägar (SJ) and became a government-owned limited company.
Green Cargo operates SJ Rc-class locomotives; 42 are being refurbished and upgraded to "Rd" class by Bombardier Transportation. Green Cargo have purchased 16 Bombardier TRAXX locomotives, named Re by Green Cargo.
Rc4 1169 in blue livery
Locomotive Rc4 1290 is not in regular service, it is stored at the Swedish Railway Museum.
- SJ AB - public transport
- SeaRail - part-owned by Green Cargo; operating freight waggons between Sweden and Finland
- Cargonet AS - partly owned
- "Green Cargo AB". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 5 September 2010. (subscription required)
- "Railway Gazette: Modernised locomotives handed over to Green Cargo". Retrieved 2010-11-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Green Cargo.|
- Green Cargo - Official site
|This transport corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|