|Founded||1 January 2001 (1856)|
|Headquarters||Solna, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Jan Kilström (CEO), Lennart Pihl (chairman)|
Rail Transport |
|Revenue||SEK (2012) 4.6 billion|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||part-owned DB Schenker Rail Scandinavia A/S|
Green Cargo AB is a Swedish logistics company transporting various types of goods by train. It was created on 1 January 2001 out of the logistics division of Statens Järnvägar (SJ) and became a government-owned limited company.
Green Cargo operates SJ Rc-class locomotives; 42 are being refurbished and upgraded to "Rd" class by Bombardier Transportation. Green Cargo have purchased 16 Bombardier TRAXX locomotives, named Re by Green Cargo.
Rc4 1169 in blue livery
- SJ AB - public transport
- SeaRail - part-owned by Green Cargo; operating freight waggons between Sweden and Finland
- Cargonet AS - partly owned
- "Green Cargo AB". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 5 September 2010. (subscription required)
- "Railway Gazette: Modernised locomotives handed over to Green Cargo". Retrieved 2010-11-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Green Cargo.|
- Green Cargo - Official site
|This transport corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|