Green High School (Green, Ohio)
|Green High School|
1474 Boettler Road|
Green, Ohio 44685
|Motto||"Making a Difference"|
Orange and black|
|Athletics conference||Federal League|
|Rivals||Jackson Polar Bears|
|Average ACT scores (2013)||22.9|
Green High School is a public high school in Green, Ohio, just south of Akron, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Green Local School District. The school colors are orange and black, the athletic teams are known as the Bulldogs, and since 2015 have competed in the OHSAA's Federal League. The current facility opened in 1996.
The current principal of Green High School is Cynthia Brown. Assistant Principals are Bill Bridenthal and Joya Mitchell. The Athletic Director is Erich Muzi. 
Offered by College Board, Advanced Placement courses are available in Green. According to US News, around 32% of students enroll in at least one AP course, while the average test taker completes 2.8 exams. The passage rate is much higher than the national average, and approximately 89% of students pass with a score of 3 or higher.
Clubs and activities
The school offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities and clubs, including the Academic Challenge Team, Art Club, Musical Theater, Chain Reaction, Select Choir, Women's Choir, Chess Club, Do Something club, Ensemble, Fellowship of Christian Students (FCS), Girls of Green, Jazz Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Key Club, marching band, mock trial, National Honor Society, Pep band, Pit Orchestra, Student Council, German Club, Spanish Club, and yearbook.
In 1986, Green High School's track team won the Boys AAA track and field state championship. Future Olympian Mark Croghan was a senior at the time, and captured a state championship in the cross-country, 1600, and 3200 events. 
Approximately 93.3% of students are white, while the rest are African American (1.2%), Asian or Pacific Islander (1.8%), Hispanic (1.2%), and Multiracial (12.5). Students with disabilities make up around 10.5% of the student body. About 14.5% of students are eligible for either free or reduced lunch programs and are classified as economically disadvantaged. Males make up slightly more than half of the student body with 53%, while 47% of the students are females. There are roughly 17 students per teacher. Ninety six percent of students graduate from Green in four years and 95.3% graduate in 5 years. The average daily enrollment for the 2012-2013 school year was 1,260 students.
According to the U.S. News & World Report, Green High School was ranked 84th of public schools in Ohio for the 2012-2013 school year and 1,326th in the United States. US News awarded Green High School with a silver medal.
- Mark Croghan, U.S. Olympian in the steeplechase
- Dick Goddard, meteorologist for WJW, author, cartoonist, animal rights activist
- Heather Kozar, 1999 Playboy Playmate of the Year and wife of ex-Cleveland Browns quarterback Tim Couch
- David Lough, professional baseball player in Major League Baseball
- "Senior Checklist" (PDF). Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "Strategic Plan Update 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "Green set to join the Federal League in 2015-2016; Suburban League seeks to move forward with its own expansion plan". Akron Beacon Journal. August 20, 2013. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "Building a City: 20 Years in the Making". CityofGeen.org. 2012. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "Meet the Green High School Principals". Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Green High School Test Scores". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "Ohio High School Athletic Association". Retrieved January 30, 2007.
- "Green Hall of Fame Inductees". September 11, 2013. Retrieved January 6, 2014.
- "Mark Croghan". September 12, 2002. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- "2012-2013 Report Card for Green High School". Ohio Department of Education. Retrieved June 18, 2015.