Green Party of South Africa
|Headquarters||Noordhoek, Cape Town, South Africa|
|International affiliation||Federation of Green Parties of Africa|
History of Green politics in South Africa
|Part of a series on|
The Ecology Party was established in November 1989, but disbanded after recruiting only 1 800 members.
Judy Sole founded the Government by the People Green Party (GPGP) in 1999, which she later renamed to The Green Party of South Africa. The party has contested elections as the Green Party of South Africa since the 2000 local elections. Due to the lack of funding the Green Party of South Africa only participated in the 2004 provincial elections but was reconstituted in early February 2019 to contest the provincial elections.
|City of Cape Town||References|
|1999||9 193||0.06%||2 453||0.15%|||
|Election||Eastern Cape||Free State||Gauteng||Kwazulu-Natal||Limpopo||Mpumalanga||North-West||Northern Cape||Western Cape|
- Kotzé, Hendrik Jakobus; Anneke Greyling (1994). Political organizations in South Africa A-Z (2 ed.). Tafelberg. ISBN 0-624-03261-2.
- Álvarez-Rivera, Manuel (2004-01-05) Republic of South Africa 1994 General Election. Election Resources on the Internet
- National and Provincial Elections Results, 1999. IEC
- Western Cape Results. IEC
- Party Support, Province: Western Cape, Ward: All Wards, Party: The Green Party of South Africa. IEC
- 2004 Provincial election, Western Cape. IEC
- "Results Dashboard". www.elections.org.za. Retrieved 2019-05-11.