Green Party of South Africa
|Headquarters||Noordhoek, Cape Town, South Africa|
|Political position||Centre-left to Left-wing|
|International affiliation||Federation of Green Parties of Africa|
The Green Party of South Africa (GPSA) is a small political party in the Western Cape province. It has similar policies to Green parties around the world, and is a member of the Federation of Green Parties of Africa.
History of Green politics in South Africa
|Part of a series on|
The Ecology Party was established in November 1989, but disbanded after recruiting only 1 800 members.
Judy Sole founded the Government by the People Green Party (GPGP) in 1999, and the party has contested elections as the Green Party of South Africa since the 2000 local elections.
|City of Cape Town||References|
|1999||9 193||0.06%||2 453||0.15%|||
- Kotzé, Hendrik Jakobus; Anneke Greyling (1994). Political organizations in South Africa A-Z (2 ed.). Tafelberg. ISBN 0-624-03261-2.
- Álvarez-Rivera, Manuel (2004-01-05) Republic of South Africa 1994 General Election. Election Resources on the Internet
- National and Provincial Elections Results, 1999. IEC
- Western Cape Results. IEC
- Party Support, Province: Western Cape, Ward: All Wards, Party: The Green Party of South Africa. IEC
- 2004 Provincial election, Western Cape. IEC