This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Location||1200 River Road |
Central City, Kentucky
|Managed by||Kentucky Department of Corrections|
It is a medium security adult male correctional facility and it is operated by the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, Department of Corrections. The prison is on 250 acres (1.0 km2) they have a staff of 254, the annual cost to house the inmates is $11,710.79.
The complex has three medium security general population housing units that have 444 double bunk cells, one maximum security segregation unit that has 44 single bunked cells and a fifty-bed open dorm style minimum security unit.
The Green River Correctional Complex has several programs that the inmates are able to participate in; they are also given educational opportunities.
- Alcohol and Narcotics Anonymous: A program for both men and women who suffer from alcohol and drug abuse
- Anger Management: This is a twelve-week class that is based on the book "Houses of Healing: A Prisoner's Guide to Inner Power and Freedom"
- Victims Awareness: A six-week program that helps the inmate understand the victim's pain
- Family Reunification: A six-week program that uses videos and homework to help inmates who are leaving prison transition back into family life.
- Life Skills: A thirty-two-hour course that explores basic skills to live in society
- Life without a crutch: This is a drug education program based on the book "Life Without a Crutch"
- Pathfinders: This is a fifteen-week intensive pre-release class that is held three hours for five days a week.
- Practical Parenting: This is a forty-eight-hour class that deals with the importance of the father being present in his children's lives.
- Prison to the streets: This is an extensive forty hour transition/re-entry program
- Success after prison: A ten-hour pre-release course that tells what the expectations are, responsibility, and how to stay out of prison