Green Shutter Hotel
Green Shutter Hotel
Green Shutter Hotel, B and Main Streets, with ground floor tenants
|NRHP reference #||04000594|
|Added to NRHP||June 16, 2004|
The Green Shutter Hotel is a historic hotel building located in downtown Hayward in Alameda County, California, United States. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004, and is on the California Register of Historical Resources.
The building was constructed in 1920 and was first used as a hotel after a large addition in 1926. It is currently used commercially, and houses the Green Shutter Hotel (a single room occupancy) on the second floor, with retail businesses on the ground floor, including The Bistro, a pub and music venue, and The Book Shop, an independent bookstore and the only bookstore in Hayward.
In 2017, the interior of the second floor of the building was largely gutted, shutting down the residential hotel. Some ground floor businesses are still operating. The building is intended to reopen as apartments.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alameda County, California
- List of hotels in California
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Clayton, Robert G. (February 12, 2004). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Green Shutter Hotel". National Park Service. Retrieved August 1, 2013. Accompanied by photos.
- "Everyone has a story at the Green Shutter". Inside Bay Area. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- "The Bistro". The Bistro. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- "Book Shop News | The Book Shop". Haywardbookshop.com. 2013-11-29. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Parr, Rebecca (2016-08-11). "Hayward: Green Shutter hotel to get a big makeover". The Mercury News. Hayward, CA. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- Green Shutter Hotel at the National Register of Historic Places website
- historic photo at Hayward Area Historical Society website
|This Alameda County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Alameda County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|