Green Square railway station
Station front in March 2011
|Location||Botany Road, Green Square|
|Owned by||Airport Link Company|
|Operated by||Airport Link Company|
|Distance||2.60 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 May 2000|
Green Square station opened on 21 May 2000 when the Airport line opened from Central to Wolli Creek. Like other stations on the line, Green Square was built and is operated by the Airport Link Company as part of a public–private partnership.
Prior to March 2011, passengers were required to pay an access fee to use the station. The access fee was removed after the State Government reached an agreement with the Airport Link Company to pay the fee at Green Square and Mascot stations on behalf of passengers. Patronage increased by around 70% at the two stations in the months following the removal of the fee.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Kingsgrove, Revesby, Campbelltown & Macarthur|||
- Green Square Station NSWrail.net
- Train fares to fall at two stations Sydney Morning Herald 2 March 2011
- Green Square and Mascot commuters to save $17 a week CityRail 2 March 2011
- "Budget Estimates Committee hearing transcript" (PDF). 25 October 2011. p. 11. Retrieved 15 November 2011.
- "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Green Square railway station, Sydney.|