Green Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Green Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Snow-covered scenery along Old Springfield Road
Location of Green Township in Clark County
|• Total||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,030 ft (314 m)|
|• Density||78/sq mi (30.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085852|
Green Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 2,798 people living in the township, 2,750 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Springfield Township - north
- Harmony Township - northeast corner
- Madison Township - east
- Cedarville Township, Greene County - southeast
- Miami Township, Greene County - southwest
- Mad River Township - west
Part of the village of Clifton is located in the southern part of the township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Green township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Green township, Green township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Rockel, William Mahlon (1908). 20th Century History of Springfield, and Clark County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 240.
- The History of Clark County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc. W. H. Beers and Company. 1881. p. 735.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.