Green Township, Hancock County, Indiana
Location in Hancock County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.36 sq mi (78.6 km2)|
|• Land||30.24 sq mi (78.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.40%|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||55/sq mi (21/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453341|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.36 square miles (78.6 km2), of which 30.24 square miles (78.3 km2) (or 99.60%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.40%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Fall Creek Township, Madison County (north)
- Brown Township (east)
- Jackson Township (southeast)
- Center Township (south)
- Vernon Township (west)
- Green Township, Madison County (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Chappell, Cook, Olvey and Wynn.
- "Green Township, Hancock County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Binford, John H. (1882). History of Hancock County, Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement by the "pale Face," in 1818, Down to 1882. King & Binford. p. 208.
- Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 700.
|This Hancock County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|