Green Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.13 sq mi (62.5 km2)|
|• Land||23.99 sq mi (62.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.58%|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||314.2/sq mi (121.3/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46040, 46048, 46051, 46064|
|GNIS feature ID||0453342|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.13 square miles (62.5 km2), of which 23.99 square miles (62.1 km2) (or 99.42%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.58%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Doty, Fausset, Gravel Lawn, Hiday, Jones, Mount Carmel, Nicholson and Pleasant Valley.
- South Madison Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 37
- State Senate District 25
- "Green Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue; Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 779.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Green Township
- Green Township History
||Wayne Township, Hamilton County||Stony Creek Township|
|Fall Creek Township, Hamilton County||Fall Creek Township|
|Vernon Township, Hancock County|