Green Township, Ross County, Ohio
|Green Township, Ross County, Ohio|
A round barn in the eastern part of the township
Location of Green Township in Ross County
|• Total||43.4 sq mi (112.5 km2)|
|• Land||43.1 sq mi (111.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||104.3/sq mi (40.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086896|
Green Township is one of the sixteen townships of Ross County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 4,492 people in the township, 3,460 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Pickaway Township, Pickaway County - north
- Salt Creek Township, Pickaway County - northeast corner
- Colerain Township - east
- Harrison Township - southeast corner
- Springfield Township - south
- Union Township - west
The village of Kingston is located in northern Green Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Ross County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.