Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.67 sq mi (74.3 km2)|
|• Land||28.57 sq mi (74.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.35%|
|Elevation||1,102 ft (336 m)|
|• Density||42.8/sq mi (16.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453349|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.67 square miles (74.3 km2), of which 28.57 square miles (74.0 km2) (or 99.65%) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (or 0.35%) is water. The streams of Collor Creek, Fruit Branch, Hopewell Run, Morgan Creek, Town Creek, Well Brook, William Creek and Williamsburg Creek run through this township.
- Williamsburg at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township, Randolph County (north)
- New Garden Township (east)
- Webster Township (southeast)
- Center Township (south)
- Clay Township (southwest)
- Perry Township (west)
- Union Township, Randolph County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Old Center, Old Concord and Williamsburg.
- "Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 221.
- Fox, Henry Clay (1912). Memoirs of Wayne County and the City of Richmond, Indiana: From the Earliest Historical Times Down to the Present. Western Historical Association. p. 85.