Green Valley, Henderson
|Neighborhood of Henderson, Nevada|
Original Green Valley Entrance Marker
89074, 89014, 89012, 89052
|Areas||Green Valley North |
Green Valley South
Green Valley Ranch
Green Valley is an upscale neighborhood of Henderson, Nevada. Green Valley is Southern Nevada's first master-planned community built before Summerlin. The Green Valley Master Community development was founded in 1978 by American Nevada Corporation in an area of 8,400 acres (34 km2) on the southeast part of the Las Vegas Valley. Smaller enclaves called Green Valley Ranch and Green Valley South in later years within the boundaries of the master community. Green Valley South began construction around 1985, while Green Valley Ranch began construction in 1994. It is an upscale community with many amenities. Shopping, bars, and restaurants reside at The District at Green Valley Ranch. Green Valley (North, South, and Ranch) postal codes include: all of 89074, 89014, and 89012. Green Valley Ranch extends into the eastern areas of the zip code of 89052.
Green Valley was developed by American Nevada Corporation, which had begun planning the community as of 1973. Green Valley's grand opening was held on October 24, 1978. Attendees included Nevada governor Mike O'Callaghan.
Master planned areas
- Green Valley Country Club Estates
- The Village of Fox Ridge
- Whitney Ranch
- Hillsboro Heights
- MacDonald Ranch
- MacDonald Highlands
- Roma Hills
- Resort Villas
- The Fountains
- Quail Ridge Estates (all high end custom homes on 1 acre + lots)
- The Village of Silver Springs
- The Legacy Village
- The Grand Legacy
- The Masters Series
- Green Valley Ranch
- Sunridge Heights
- Ventana Canyon
- The Bluffs
- Millwood Village
- Westwood Village
- Crown Pointe
Public education is provided by the Clark County School District. The community is home to 9 public elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 3 high schools. Silverado High School also covers the borderline of the community, as it resides in both Green Valley and Paradise.
- Selma F. Bartlett Elementary School
- James Gibson Elementary School
- Nate Mack Elementary School
- Estes M. McDoniel Elementary School
- Glen C. Taylor Elementary School
- Jim Thorpe Elementary School
- Harriet A. Treem Elementary School
- Neil C. Twitchell Elementary School
- John C. Vanderburg Elementary School
- Francis H. Cortney Junior High School
- Barbara & Hank Greenspun Junior High School
- Bob Miller Middle School
- Thurman White Middle School
- The District at Green Valley Ranch, a mixed-use development center.
- Galleria at Sunset, a shopping mall.
- Galleria Shopping District
- Green Valley community ahead of the trends.
- Zip Codes in the Southeast and Henderson
- "Development to Begin Soon on 'Greenspun Property'". Henderson Home News. March 8, 1973. p. 1. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Green Valley Springs to Life as Major Homebuilding Begins". Henderson Home News. April 26, 1973. p. 1. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "Green Valley Holds Grand Opening". Henderson Home News. October 26, 1978. pp. 1–2. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Green Valley subdivision data
- Green Valley North
- Green Valley South