Green Valley, Minnesota
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Green Valley, Minnesota|
within Fairview Township, Lyon County
|Elevation||1,099 ft (335 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||644426|
Green Valley was platted in 1888, and named for its location in the green valley of the Redwood River. A post office was established in Green Valley in 1889, and remained in operation until 1964.
- "Green Valley, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 313.
- "Lyon County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Rand McNally Road Atlas – 2007 edition – Minnesota entry
- Official State of Minnesota Highway Map – 2013/2014 edition
|This article about a location in Lyon County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|