Green parties in the United Kingdom
The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Green parties in the United Kingdom, while unrelated titles should be moved to Green parties in the United Kingdom (disambiguation).
"Green Party" in the United Kingdom may refer to one or more of several political parties in the United Kingdom:
Currently operating parties
- Green Party of England and Wales, a green, left-wing political party in England and Wales.
- Green Party in Northern Ireland, a green party in Northern Ireland.
- Scottish Green Party, a green political party in Scotland.
These parties do not contest elections against each other as they only operate in the named constituent countries of the United Kingdom. Sometimes these are collectively referred to as "(The) Green Party", for example in the media and opinion polls. All three parties were formed in 1990 when the then Green Party separated into the national parties.
- European Green Party, is a European political party which is a federation of Green Parties across more than 30 countries in Europe. All three Green Parties in the UK are members of the European Green Party.
- The Green Party operated across the UK under that title from 1985 to 1990.
- The Ecology Party was the name of the Green Party (UK), from 1975 to 1985.
- PEOPLE Party was the first name from 1972 to 1975 of the party that then became The Ecology Party and subsequently the Green Party.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Green parties in the United Kingdom.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.