Greenbrier Military School
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2015.|
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Greenbrier Military School was a boys-only, private, military, boarding high school and Junior College, located in Lewisburg, West Virginia. It was founded in 1812.
It closed in 1972. The campus was then converted into the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine.
The school's alumni fund a scholarship at the osteopathic college.
The Greenbrier Military School Alumni Association directs and funds the Greenbrier Leadership Institute, delivering principle based leadership programs to high schools throughout West Virginia.
- Sheriff Blake, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Homer A. Holt, 20th Governor of West Virginia
- Alan Mollohan, former U.S. Representative for West Virginia's 1st congressional district
- Bob Evans, Restaurateur
- Lee Webb, Journalist
- Joe Palumbo, All American football player, University of Virginia
- José Armando Bermúdez Pippa (Don Poppy), Former CEO of Ron Bermudez
- Lester W. "Cappy" Burnside, Jr., Prominent West Virginia Business and Community Leader
- Winston L. Shelton, Engineer and Inventor
|This West Virginia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|