Greencastle Township, Putnam County, Indiana
The Northwood Historic District in Greencastle
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.44 sq mi (89.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.32 sq mi (88.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||382.7/sq mi (147.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453347|
Greencastle Township is one of thirteen townships in Putnam County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 13,136 and it contained 4,810 housing units. This township contains the county seat of Greencastle and is home to DePauw University, a liberal arts college of 2,300 students.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.44 square miles (89.2 km2), of which 34.32 square miles (88.9 km2) (or 99.65%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.35%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/14/15 through 9/18/15. National Park Service. 2015-09-25.
|This Putnam County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|