Greene County Airport (Pennsylvania)
Greene County Airport
|Serves||Greene County, Pennsylvania (including Waynesburg)|
|Location||Franklin Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania|
|Elevation AMSL||1,069 ft / 326 m|
Greene County Airport (IATA: WAY, ICAO: KWAY, FAA LID: WAY) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Franklin Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) east of the central business district of Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. This airport was included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Greene County Airport covers an area of 89 acres (36 ha) at an elevation of 1,069 feet (326 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,500 by 75 feet (1,067 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 21, 2011, the airport had 13,909 aircraft operations, an average of 38 per day: 99% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 25 aircraft based at this airport: 96% single-engine and 4% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for WAY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (WAY: Waynesburg / Green County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Franklin township, PA." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 26, 2018. Pages 1, 2, and 3.
- "Greene County Airport." Greene County. Retrieved on October 26, 2018. "Greene County Airport 417 East Roy Furman Highway, Waynesburg, PA 15370"
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 4" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 15, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF, 1.61 MB) on June 6, 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); External link in
- Greene County Airport Administration
- Greene County Airport at PennDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1993 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for WAY, effective September 12, 2019
- Resources for this airport: