Greene Township, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Location in St. Joseph County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.57 sq mi (89.54 km2)|
|• Land||34.31 sq mi (88.86 km2)|
|• Water||0.26 sq mi (0.68 km2) 0.76%|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Density||88.6/sq mi (34.2/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46554, 46614, 46619|
|GNIS feature ID||0452852|
Greene Township was established in 1836.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Greene Township covers an area of 34.57 square miles (89.5 km2); of this, 34.31 square miles (88.9 km2) (99.24 percent) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) (0.76 percent) is water.
- Warren Township (north)
- Portage Township (northeast)
- Centre Township (east)
- Union Township (southeast)
- Liberty Township (southwest)
- Lincoln Township, LaPorte County (west)
- Olive Township (northwest)
The township contains Sumption Prairie Cemetery. There is another township owned cemetery located on Pine road between Layton and Miller roads.
- Catfish Lake
- Dollar Lake
- Goodman Lake
- Kale Lake
- Sousley Lake
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 7
- State Senate District 9
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Greene Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- Howard, Timothy Edward (1907). A History of St. Joseph County, Indiana. Lewis publishing Company. p. 276.
||Olive Township||Warren Township||Portage Township|
|Lincoln Township, LaPorte County||Centre Township|
|Liberty Township||Union Township|