Greenfaulds railway station
|Local authority||North Lanarkshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|15 May 1989||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Greenfaulds from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Greenfaulds railway station serves the Greenfaulds area of Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is also within walking distance of the Lenziemill Industrial Estate, the Luggie Water and the Blairlinn Industrial Estate. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail and is located 13¼ miles (21 km) north east of Glasgow Queen Street (High Level) on the Cumbernauld Line and is 11 miles (18 km) north of Motherwell railway station on the Motherwell to Cumbernauld Line.
The station was opened on 15 May 1989 by British Rail with financial backing from what was then the Strathclyde Passenger Transport Executive. It was on a new site (though the line that serves it is considerably older) and was built as part of the plan to upgrade the Queen Street to Cumbernauld line. The Motherwell service began calling here when it was inaugurated in May 1996.
The typical service Monday-Saturday is:
- 2tph to Dalmuir via Glasgow Queen Street Low Level and Yoker
- 1tph to Dalmuir via Motherwell, Hamilton Central, Glasgow Central Low Level and Yoker
- 1tph to Glasgow Queen Street High Level
- 4tph to Cumbernauld, one of which operates to Camelon and Falkirk Grahamston
On Sundays, there is an hourly service in each direction to Cumbernauld and Partick only.
There are also two large park and ride car parks at the station with both being behind the station, although they are hardly used because of no advertisement by local papers or ScotRail.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Coatbridge Central||Abellio ScotRail
Line open; Station closed
Line and Station open
- Scot-Rail: Station Openings in Scotland since 1960 www.scot-rail.co.uk; Retrieved 2014-02-12
- Table 225 & 226 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|