|850 Greenhills Dr.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
|Type||Independent Middle and Secondary|
|Head of school||Carl Pelofsky|
|Faculty||62 full-time, 16 part-time|
|Grades||6 - 12|
|Number of students||Approximately 500
200+ middle school and
300+ high school.
|Color(s)||Navy and Green|
Awards and recognition
Greenhills Upper School was recognized as one of six national Intel Schools of Distinction in 2007 for excellence as one of the nation's top schools for science. The program recognizes one school for math and one for science in each of three school ranges (elementary, middle and high school).
Greenhills School is a member of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) and offers the following sports:
- Boys: tennis, baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, and track and field
- Girls: tennis, basketball, cross country, field hockey, golf, soccer, softball, track and field, and volleyball
- Coed: equestrian and swimming. However, both the track and cross country teams have co-ed practices.
The boys tennis team won the Division 4 Lower Peninsula state championship in 2003-4, 2006-7 and 2008-9 through 2015-16. Since 2001, MHSAA has not crowned a true state champion in tennis, opting instead for separate tournaments for the Upper and Lower peninsulas.
Greenhills school has begun an expansion project planned to provide an additional 10,000 square feet (930 m2) of space. Much of this space will be used for the sciences, including biology labs and a greenhouse. Of the $6.5 million required for the project, the school has raised $3 million, enough that they began the first phase of construction on 6/9/2009. The proposed renovations also include a geothermal heating and cooling system, allowing the project to be certified as LEED gold certified.
- Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier - rock musician
- Eugene Kang - Special Assistant to President Barack Obama
- Elizabeth Meriwether-playwright and screenwriter- "No Strings Attached" And the FOX show "New Girl"
- Fabiano, Giovanna. "Bergen Academies wins national math award", The Record (Bergen County), June 16, 2007. Accessed June 16, 2007.
- Greenhills school renovation to put science in spotlight | MLive.com