Greening Greater Toronto
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Greening Greater Toronto is an organization of over 120 civic leaders from business, NGOs, and government joined together to develop a regional environmental vision to achieve the goal of making the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) the greenest city-region in North America. The Partnership was created in 2008 as a result of the Toronto City Summit Alliance’s 2007 Summit, which identified the environment as a key issue facing the Toronto region.
Greening Greater Toronto builds on the existing efforts and leadership of environmental organizations, governments, research institutions and businesses to mobilize and connect new people and resources to address our environmental challenges and opportunities. The partnership is focused on identifying opportunities for business, households, and the public sector to significantly reduce their environmental impact, in addition to evaluating and tracking the GTA's performance along key environmental measures (carbon, air quality, water, waste, and land use).
Greening Greater Toronto launched three initial projects carefully chosen to target areas with the highest potential for improvement:
- A fund through which businesses will contribute to the "greening" of NGOs and the public sector
- A corporate green procurement program
- A region-wide plan to accelerate commercial building energy efficiency
Greening Greater Toronto is chaired by Eva Ligeti (Executive Director, Clean Air Partnership), Mike Pederson (Group Head, Corporate Operations, TD Bank Financial Group), and Kilian Berz (Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group), and was launched on June 24, 2008.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20071107015620/http://www.torontoalliance.ca/summit_2007/. Archived from the original on November 7, 2007. Retrieved June 5, 2008. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081023200937/http://www.cleanairpartnership.org/cap.php?p=team. Archived from the original on October 23, 2008. Retrieved June 5, 2008. Missing or empty
- http://www.bcg.com/about_bcg/media_center/press_releases.jsp?id=2636&yearpub=)[dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081014063252/http://www.torontolife.com/features/shadow-mayor/. Archived from the original on October 14, 2008. Retrieved June 5, 2008. Missing or empty
|This article about an organization in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|