Greenleaf at Cheltenham
Former Cheltenham Mall, looking Northeast
|Location||Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Address||2385 Cheltenham Avenue|
Philadelphia, PA 19150
|Opening date||1959 (as Cheltenham Square Mall)|
April 20, 2018 (as Greenleaf at Cheltenham)
|No. of stores and services||20|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||774,470 square feet (71,951 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
|Public transit access||SEPTA bus: 6, 16, 22, 80, H, XH|
|Website||Greenleaf at Cheltenham|
Greenleaf at Cheltenham, formerly Cheltenham Square Mall, is an outdoor shopping center and former enclosed shopping mall along Cheltenham Avenue between Ogontz Avenue (PA 309) and Washington Lane on the border of Philadelphia and Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania. It serves a diverse demographic (i.e. race, age, income) and draws most of its customers from Northwest Philadelphia. Greenleaf at Cheltenham is anchored by Target, ShopRite, Burlington, and The Home Depot and contains smaller stores and restaurants such as Marshalls, LA Fitness, Old Navy, Panda Express, Mad Rag, KicksUSA, Oak Street Health, and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
The Cheltenham Square Mall opened in 1959 and was enclosed in 1981. It had 634,052 sq ft (58,900 m2) of retail space. The mall was taken over by New York City based Thor Equities when Simon Property Group sold the mall in 2005 for $71.5 million. In summer 2014, the mall was foreclosed and put up for sale. Sun Equity Partners purchased the mall for $30 million in January 2015. The mall underwent renovations and opened new stores as an outdoor shopping center starting in 2018. The property was renamed Greenleaf at Cheltenham after redevelopment. On April 20, 2018, a grand opening was held for the Greenleaf at Cheltenham shopping center.
- "A road well traveled Chelthenham Avenue's two vintage shopping centers shake off the dust and reinvent themselves". Philadelphia Daily News. February 13, 1995. Retrieved May 4, 2011.
- Staff (April 20, 2018). "Greenleaf at Cheltenham celebrates grand opening". MONTCO.Today. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Greenleaf at Cheltenham". Metro Commercial. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Holcomb, Henry J. (November 23, 2005). "Cheltenham Square Mall acquired". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- Kostelini, Natalie (January 27, 2015). "Cheltenham Square Mall sells for $30M". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greenleaf at Cheltenham.|
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|